Les 5 plus belles œuvres d'art à voir à Rome
Écrit par Carmelo Persico
Vous prévoyez un voyage à Rome ? Voici cinq chefs-d'œuvre époustouflants à ne pas manquer :
1. The Last Judgment, Vatican Museums: the most fascinating fresco in Rome (1534-1541)
Michelangelo Buonarroti’s most fascinating masterpiece is located in the Vatican Museums of Rome in the gem of art that is the Sistine Chapel.
2. The Raphael’s Rooms, Vatican Museums: The School of Athens (1508)
In this work, Raphael Sanzio encloses in a simple yet harmonious structure the well-known figures of his time who made the history of knowledge and art. The work is located in the Vatican Museums, in the “Raphael’s Rooms.”
3. Michelangelo’s Pietà, Basilica San Pietro: the most famous sculptural group in Rome (1497-1499)
Everyone pauses when they see the Mother of Christ captured by the great sensitivity of Michelangelo Buonarroti in a painful but serene expression. The work is located in the Basilica of St. Peter.
4. The David of Gian Lorenzo Bernini, Borghese Gallery, (1623)
This marble group sculpted by the young Gian Battista Bernini shows the young David at the moment when he is about to make the most heroic gesture, his lips and chin frozen in a grimace of extraordinary concentration. The work is in the Galleria Borghese in Rome.
5. Holdman’s stained glass window in the Rome Temple Visitors’ Center (2019)
Holdman’s stained glass window is an artistic work, a fresco of the third millennium not laid on lime and masonry but on pure glass crystal. The Christ, placed in the center of the scene is the only character bent, representing that He uplifts the downtrodden. It is admired for its incomparable beauty and harmony that pervades it. The work is located in the visitors’ center of the Italy Rome Temple.